Monday, April 28, 2014

Covered Bridges

All along I thought New England had the corner on the covered Bridge market, and they may. Of course some of the most beautiful bridges do indeed come from N.E. There are some in Ohio, but it truly surprised me to find so many of them in Oregon. In fact there are more here within driving distance than I ever remember seeing in Ohio.

A few years ago I designed and made kits for two different designs of covered bridges in both 1:220 (Z scale) and 1:160 (N scale). They have been proven popular but there is one bridge I made but never offered commercially that gets enough attention that I'll have to look at doing it sooner than later. It is made for trains. There is one in Cottage Grove, Oregon but it's no longer used for trains but it does stand in testament that railroad covered bridges did exist.




 The following bridges are available in both scales.
The Ohio



The Vermont 







1 comment:

  1. Hi - very interesting site. Do you sell any pre constructed models of covered bridges or maybe know of a source I could try?
    Found a lovely one but unfortunately they did not ship to the U.K.
    Best wishes, stay safe, Peter

    ReplyDelete